Friday, April 9, 2010

Flotv will it become the portable tv giant?


There is a new device out called Flotv. It is a portable tv that has a 3.5 inch touch sensitive ui. It has no sd card slot, no video out. But the battery does last for a very long time. Now I bought one way back in Nov. of 09 and I have yet to get service where I live. I have called and called and posted on Facebook but yet to no avail is there any service or talk of any service yet to come to my neck of the woods. Which really makes me mad because who doesn't want cable tv in their pocket? Well acually maybe more than you might think. The Flotv is $199.99 and that just gives you the device. Yet it has been giving away 6 months free service with the purchase of the tv. After that it is $14.99 per month. Now am I willing to pay that? yes, but I am not so sure that alot of others are. The channels they get are not very many, there are only like 20 channels, like Nick, ESPN, CBS to go, and a few other to just name a few. You can also set reminders to alert you of a show about to start that you set a reminder for and there is a built in stand on the device which i really liked. All in all if this company can ever get the towers up they need for service everywhere i think it will be a major movement in tv history, until then it's a nice paper weight for me and others without service.

No comments:

Post a Comment